DescriptionValanazes the Gold is the fifth boss encounter for The Dragons' Claw (Area: All that Glitters). As with all bosses, Valanazes the Gold can also be battled in a raid with 4 available levels: Normal, Hard, Legendary and Nightmare.
|Valanazes the Gold Essence||Used to summon Valanazes the Gold (Raid)||Valanazes the Gold quest boss|
|Dragon's Lair Essence||Used to summon Dragon's Lair Raid||Normal or Hard Dragon's Lair (Raid) or Valanazes the Gold quest boss|
|Dark Drake Breastplate||100||90||123||90||Ebon Scales: Chance for bonus raid damage||Possible drop from Valanazes the Gold quest boss|
|Gold Bottle of Blood||Used to upgrade Mina von Richten to Mina von Richten2||Valanazes the Gold quest boss|
|Stables Book||This book allows you to construct the Stables in your Citadel, and can be obtained by defeating Valanazes the Gold (quest version) on Normal difficulty.||Quest: N Valanazes the Gold|
|Research Library Scroll 2||This scroll allows you to construct additional items from the Research Library in your Citadel.||N Valanazes the Gold|
Mobile Version only
|Wyrm-Slayers II||Nightmare Valanazes the Gold quest boss|
|Brown Dragon's Tooth||Craft x2 Stat Points||The Dragons' Claw raids, quests, help requests|
|Grey Dragon's Tooth||Craft x2 Stat Points||The Dragons' Claw raids, quests, help requests|
|Green Dragon's Tooth||Craft x2 Stat Points||The Dragons' Claw raids, quests, help requests|
|Blue Dragon's Tooth||Craft x2 Stat Points||The Dragons' Claw raids, quests, help requests|
|Purple Dragon's Tooth||Craft x2 Stat Points||The Dragons' Claw raids, quests, help requests|
|Orange Dragon's Tooth||Craft x2 Stat Points||The Dragons' Claw raids, quests, help requests|
|Your hindquarters don't welcome their jarring impact against Solus' saddle. But the rest of you bears the ache with fortitude, glad that your body isn't being smashed against the ground instead.
|Perhaps fate is tired of hearing threats rasping from the mouths of dying dragons. Maybe Valanazes is ready to accept the inevitability of death with better grace. Or it could be a mournful acceptance that he's the last of his force, that no avenger waits in the wings to strike against you. Whatever the reason, the golden dragon succumbs to a wordless end -- the final finger of the Dragons' Claw joining the other four in the underworld with nothing more than an exhalation and an expanding of his pupils.
|Forget it! You did your part when you risked your life crashing the dragon into the ground. Let someone else finish him off!
Suggested defensive levels to achieve 1 damage from quest boss (after July 20th, 2012 update to quest boss damages):
3500 def 1000 health , he dealt 1 dmg/hit
2518 def, he did 90 dmg in 1 hit... needed scrolls
2700 def, he did 27 dmg, 5k dmg done him in 2 hits
- 2145 def - 590 health, second hit >635 health. Suggestion >2700 def (someone please confirm my guess)
- 2200 hp, 3500 att/defense with gear hits for ~550 damage
- 2400 hp, 4283 att, 4920 defense got hit for 1,1,1,1,8,1
- '1500hp , 2550(725 base) atk, 6500 def(4750 base), he dealt 1dmg/hit'
- 2350 hp, 3229 att, 4912 defense got hit for 180-212 dmg, easy kill
- 2250 Hp, 3024 att, 3454 defense, Just managed to kill without using pouch items.
- 1500hp , 2550(725 base) atk , 6500(4750 base) def , got hits 69-61-8-27-21-33 , my 525 dmg*6 hits = 3150 boss health.
- 1040 hp, 3617 att, 4435 defense. Got hit for around 200, did 720 dmg. Close call, but won in 5 hits.
- 7240 defense, got 1 damage hits each.
Nightmare (~5300hp - boss health) max damage 720 (8 hits to kill)
- 2400 hp, 3752 att, 6104 defense got hit for ~683, dead in 4 hits..
- 3875 hp, 5830 att, 7275 defense got hit for 495-525 (won w/o consumables)
- 2400 hp, 3922 att, 8022 defense got hit for ~453
- 7k base def, with items over 10k, val hits me for 100-200
- 6500 hp, 6875 att, 4565 defense got hit for 600-700 (won w/o consumables)
- 11,859 defense got hit for 1-64 (majority of hits were 1)